Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Summer of Question and Answer

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”-Theodore Geisel

Senior year in high schoool was the year a huge piece of me stopped caring what other people thought of me. I was still shy and a somewhat insecure but I told myself I wanted the year to be a good one. I didn't want to look back and wish I had been more involved or talked to more people or see that I had spent too much time worrying about the opinions of a bunch of people I hardly knew or would hardly see after we graduated. Now, a few years later, looking back I did have a good senior year and I did stop caring to some extent. So here I am now. I want to get over that final hurdle, I want to be all myself all the tine. I want to be honest with the people I know so that our relationships can be deeper and fuller and better. I want to know myself, reafirm my beliefs and pick up all the lost pieces of me that have fallen over the years. I want to really discover who I am this summer. I want to plan my future and start to become the person I will be for the rest of my life. Not that that person is completely different from who I am now, I just want to be more sure of who I am so that I can be ready for whatever and whomever comes my way in life...

No comments: