Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Short Lived Lilacs

"It takes some tears to make it rust and it takes the rust to have it polished."
-Jason Mraz-Life Is Beautiful-

Life is beautiful. Through the tears, the laughs, the fights, the hugs and the high fives. It was a good week. I felt free. More free then I have in a long time. Tonight at six the real world hits. School starts again, I have to go back to work. I have to make decisions about what to do with the rest of my life. I'll get tired and frustrated and I'll feel like giving up and giving in. However, when the whirl wind starts I'll have this week to look back on, the memories, the inside jokes, the conversations, and the bruises on my shins...and hopefully I'll be able to feel it all again and use it to keep going. When Caitlin is around I feel like everything fits. We feed off of each other and fill in each other's gaps. We have different opinions about certain things but its okay because we hear each other out and understand. Six years is a long time and 2 or 3 visits is not very many but I know that we will always be. The core of our friendship won't ever change. Even after we have traveled and grown we will always be able to come back and sit on the hill and feel like all is right.

No comments: